Simulated Game Shooting Scotland
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland, Scottish Borders
Scottish Borders Sporting Simulated Game Shooting
Our Simulated Game Shooting estate is located in the most beautiful part of the Scottish Borders, on the edge of the Lammermuir Hills.
We are just 30 minutes south of Edinburgh off the A68. The day takes place on our game shooting Estate which covers 1,600 acres of the most amazing topography!
Our highly acclaimed driven Pheasant & Partridge game shoot is run on this Estate in the season and the stunning natural topography allows for the presentation of some fantastic simulated game drives.
With over 12 drives to choose from, we can present; simulated high pheasant, fast partridge coveys and grouse. We work with the topography which ranges from steep bracken covered banking’s and gullies, high woodlands, ponds and valley’s. No two drives are the same, so when you come back, you will see other parts of the Estate.
Many years of running Simulated Game days has made the team very proficient in how to present targets in order to emulate bird flight.
Anyone can set an automatic trap to throw fast targets. The difference is we give our drives a lot of thought and practice into the presentation of game birds. When we send ‘coveys’ of partridge over the Guns, be assured, you’ll see plenty of ‘birds’ in the air at any one time!
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland – Land and Topography
- The farm known as Hillhouse is pretty accurate! The terrain, although steep, is easily accessed by hard standing tracks. Huge banking’s, steep gullies and woodland are just a few features. We also have 14 ponds, burns, a ruin of a fort with views to the purple heather covered grouse moors.
- Just as a real driven game day, we meet at the beautiful Hotel on the edge of our shooting estate for breakfast, meet and greet/shoot brief and peg selection. We then transfer to the shooting estate for Guns on Pegs.
- Unlike other companies, each Gun gets to shoot each drive TWICE on different pegs. This means you shoot 10 TIMES on a 5 drive day, so bring plenty of cartridges!!
- A break for refreshments and on to the next drive. Elevenses are served on the Hill.
- more drives and the big finisher!
- Choose from 3 packages (prices per person):
- Macallan – 5 drives, including the GROUSE DRIVE! Breakfast rolls, elevenses and Hotel dinner after the shoot day @ £345.00 pp
- Dalmore – 4 drives, flush competition, breakfast rolls, elevenses & lunch on the Hill @ £275.00 pp
- Balvenie – 4 drives, breakfast rolls & elevenses on the Hill @ £235.00 pp
- Availability 7 days from April – throughout the winter weather permitting!
- If you have a full team, please contact us with a date of your own.
- PLEASE NOTE – We require a minimum of 12 people to run a day, 16 is ideal. You can book a full team on a date you choose, or book onto one of our advertised dates as individuals or smaller groups to make a team.
- We can change any of the Hospitality, or if you would like to bring your own picnic/BBQ, please enquire.
- Breakfast rolls, tea’s and coffee’s are served in the morning, soft drinks throughout the day and elevenses served on the Hill.
- Add a sit down lunch in the Hotel after the shoot day POA
- We also have a first rate sporting price for accommodation in the Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis and can also offer self catering cottages on the estate!
If your party comprises some or all novices, we can accommodate you.
- Novices will require an instructor with them throughout the day, who will be shared between 2 on the peg.
- We arrange the instructors, as they will work to our exacting safety standards.
- You will require shotgun hire and cartridges
- Instructor @ £100.00 per day between 2.
- Shotgun hire @ £50.00 per day
- Cartridge – price POA
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland Optional Extras
- Corporate – with/without conference facilities – POA
- 12/20g Shotgun Hire – £50.00 per gun
- Instructor – £100 per day (compulsory for novices, can be shared between 2)
- Fibre wad Cartridges prices – POA
- Bespoke packages please enquire
- All prices inc VAT
+44 (0)7798 884643
Scottish Borders Sporting