Simulated Game Shooting Scotland
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland, Scottish Borders
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland Overview:
Scottish Borders Sporting brings you Simulated Game Shooting Scotland!
Located in the most beautiful part of the Scottish Borders, on the edge of the Lammermuir Hills. We are just over an hour north of Newcastle and 30 minutes south of Edinburgh. The day takes place on our game shooting Estate which covers 1,500 acres of amazing topography.
Our highly acclaimed game shoot is run on this Estate in the season and the stunning natural topography allows for the presentation of some fantastic simulated game drives. With over 11 drives to choose from, we can present; high pheasant, partridge coveys and grouse. We work with the topography which ranges from steep bracken covered banking’s and gullies, high woodlands, ponds and valley’s. No two drives are the same, so when you come back, you will see other parts of the Estate.
Many years of running Simulated Game days in the South East of England has made the team very proficient in how to present targets in order to emulate bird flight.
Anyone can set an automatic trap to throw fast targets. The difference is we give our drives a lot of thought and practice into presenting birds. When we send ‘coveys’ of partridge over the Guns, be assured, you’ll see plenty of targets in the air at any one time!
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland – Land and Topography
The farm known as Hillhouse is pretty accurate! The terrain, although steep, is easily accessed by hard standing tracks. Huge banking’s, steep gullies and woodland are just a couple of the features. We also have over 12 ponds, burns, a ruin of a fort with views to the purple heather covered grouse moors.
- Just as a real driven game day, we meet at the beautiful Hotel on the edge of our shooting estate for breakfast, meet and greet/shoot brief and peg selection. We then transfer to the shooting estate for Guns on Pegs. Each Gun gets to shoot each drive twice on different pegs. A break for refreshments and on to the next drive. Elevenses are served on the Hill, and we go onto team flushes and the final drive a big finisher! Prize presentation to the winning team and home. Choose from 3 packages (prices per person):
- Macallan – Full day, 5 drives, breakfast, elevenses and 3 course Hotel lunch @ £295.00
- Dalmore – Full day, 4 drives, breakfast, elevenses @ £245.00
- Balvenie – Half Day, 3 drives, breakfast @ £190.00
- Availability midweek and weekends during April – August, if there are are no dates advertised, please contact us with a date of your own.
- Breakfast rolls, tea’s and coffee’s are served in the morning, drinks throughout the day and elevenses served on the Hill with drinks as required. Some clients choose our Macallan Package which includes a sit down 3 course lunch in the Hotel after the shoot day. We also have a first rate sporting price for accommodation in the Hotel on a dinner bed & breakfast basis.
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland Optional Extras
- Add the Grouse Drive – £50.00 per person
- Corporate – with/without conference facilities – POA
- 12/20g Shotgun Hire – £60.00 per gun
- Instructor – £100 per day (compulsory for novices)
- Cartridges – POA
- Bespoke packages please enquire
- All prices inc VAT
* Novices will require a pre shoot lesson, an instructor (may be shared between 2 per peg) for the day, shotgun hire and cartridges which we will arrange – POA
+44 (0)7798 884643
Scottish Borders Sporting