Simulated Game Shooting Scotland
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland, Scottish Borders
Scottish Borders Sporting Simulated Game Shooting
Our Simulated Game Shooting estate is located in the most beautiful part of the Scottish Borders, on the edge of the Lammermuir Hills.
We are just 30 minutes south of Edinburgh. The day takes place on our game shooting Estate which covers 1,500 acres of the most amazing topography!
Our highly acclaimed driven Pheasant & Partridge game shoot is run on this Estate in the season and the stunning natural topography allows for the presentation of some fantastic simulated game drives.
With over 11 drives to choose from, we can present; simulated high pheasant, fast partridge coveys and grouse. We work with the topography which ranges from steep bracken covered banking’s and gullies, high woodlands, ponds and valley’s. No two drives are the same, so when you come back, you will see other parts of the Estate.
Many years of running Simulated Game days has made the team very proficient in how to present targets in order to emulate bird flight.
Anyone can set an automatic trap to throw fast targets. The difference is we give our drives a lot of thought and practice into the presentation of game birds. When we send ‘coveys’ of partridge over the Guns, be assured, you’ll see plenty of ‘birds’ in the air at any one time!
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland – Land and Topography
- The farm known as Hillhouse is pretty accurate! The terrain, although steep, is easily accessed by hard standing tracks. Huge banking’s, steep gullies and woodland are just a couple of the features. We also have over 12 ponds, burns, a ruin of a fort with views to the purple heather covered grouse moors.
- Just as a real driven game day, we meet at the beautiful Hotel on the edge of our shooting estate for breakfast, meet and greet/shoot brief and peg selection. We then transfer to the shooting estate for Guns on Pegs. Each Gun gets to shoot each drive twice on different pegs. A break for refreshments and on to the next drive. Elevenses are served on the Hill, and we go onto team flushes and the final drive a big finisher! Prize presentation to the winning team and home. Choose from 3 packages (prices per person):
- Macallan – Full day, 5 drives, Team Flush competition, breakfast rolls, elevenses and Hotel dinner after the shoot day @ £295.00
- Dalmore – Full day, 4 drives, flush competition, breakfast rolls, elevenses & lunch on the Hill @ £265.00
- Balvenie – 4 drives, breakfast rolls & elevenses on the Hill @ £225.00
- Availability midweek and weekends from March – September, if you have a full team, please contact us with a date of your own.
- PLEASE NOTE – We require a minimum of 10 people to run a day, 16 is ideal. You can book a full team on a date you choose, or book onto one of our advertised dates as individuals or smaller groups to make a team.
- We can change any of the Hospitality, or if you would like to bring your own picnic/BBQ, please enquire.
- Breakfast rolls, tea’s and coffee’s are served in the morning, soft drinks throughout the day and elevenses served on the Hill with fizz and sloe gin.
- Add a 2 or 3 course lunch in the Hotel after the shoot day POA
- We also have a first rate sporting price for accommodation in the Hotel on a dinner bed & breakfast basis and can also offer self catering cottages on the estate!
NOVICE Simulated Shooting Package – Minimum 8 People
If your party comprises some or all novices, this is the package for you! Makes an awesome Corporate Stag or Team Building Day.
- Start the day with breakfast rolls and a shoot brief of the day.
- We then move on range to give everyone a safety and shooting lesson on handling a shotgun and shooting moving targets.
- Move on to a lesson on gun mounting and shooting driven overhead targets.
- 2 simulatd Game drives, everybody shoots each drive twice from different positions.
- Day ends.
To make it easier to calculate, this price INCLUDES:
Professional tuition throughout
Breakfast, elevenses and lunch
An instructor with them on the peg during the drives, one can be shared between 2.
£365.00 per person
Simulated Game Shooting Scotland Optional Extras
- Corporate – with/without conference facilities – POA
- 12/20g Shotgun Hire – £60.00 per gun
- Instructor – £100 per day (compulsory for novices, can be shared between 2)
- Fibre wad Cartridges prices – POA
- Bespoke packages please enquire
- All prices inc VAT
+44 (0)7798 884643
Scottish Borders Sporting